We are familiar with sign boards, aren’t we? We see them almost everywhere. You are bound to come across them somewhere outside.
Storefronts with their names, road signs with directions and even health or safety signs like ‘Caution Wet Floor’.
What about 3D signage boards? You’ve seen those too, right?
3D signage boards are very much in demand among advertising.
Their popularity is on the rise with many businesses preferring these over traditional signage boards.
A 3D sign is often more visible at various angles due to the raised 3D lettering,
which stands out more than a flat sign.
The three-dimensional effect of these boards is eye-catching and helps businesses stand out in the crowd.
Unlike traditional flat signs, 3D signage boards use various techniques to create the illusion of depth and dimension.
This makes an increasing number of businesses adopt this trend in their advertising campaigns.
In this blog, we will delve into the details of 3D signage boards and provide a better understanding for you
What is a 3D Lettering Signage Board?
Three-dimensional signage or 3D signage boards are basically what the name implies – signs designed with the purpose of creating a three-dimensional effect.
Lighting effects such as backlighting and shadows, as well as materials such as foam, metals such as aluminum or stainless steel, and acrylic, are used to give the appearance of depth and dimension.
The 3D letters also provide a slight shadow, which acts as a natural way to emphasize lettering and logos.
As you may have seen, they are quite often used in advertising and branding due to their ability to create a visually stunning and memorable impact on potential customers.
These types of signs are set in high-traffic areas such as shopping centers, airports, and commercial spaces to capture the attention of onlookers and convey their brand’s message or identity.
The use of 3D lettering improves visibility from afar and makes it simple to implement backlighting.
They work well with nearly any type of lighting – whether it’s interior lighting or natural light.
Businesses can differentiate themselves from competitors by using 3D signage boards to showcase a captivating visual encounter that can help build brand recognition.
3D signage boards are frequently illuminated, this can increase their impact and visibility, especially at night or in low light. They are therefore a popular choice for companies hoping to benefit from their branding and marking drives.
Benefits of 3D Signage Boards
Signs are an extension of a business’s personality, and they help create an atmosphere that can draw in customers.” – John C. Calhoun
In terms of 3D signage boards , the three-dimensional effect makes it eye-catching
That is what every business wants: to capture your attention for customer conversion.
According to 85% of participants in a SignCraft Magazine survey, the three-dimensional effect on their signs boosted revenue and customer engagement.
3D signage boards does the deed and it has the following benefits:
- Increased Visibility: These three dimensional boards allow businesses to exhibit their products or services in a more visually striking way, making them more appealing and recognizable to shoppers.
- Versatility: They can be personalized with logos, slogans, product displays, and directional signs. They can be made from a variety of materials to match the aesthetic of any brand.
- Distinction: By incorporating depth, texture, and lighting effects, 3D signage boards render businesses a distinct tool for brand promotion and uniqueness.
- Durability: 3D signage boards are usually made of strong materials like metal or acrylic and are resistant to wear and tear as well as deterioration. Due to this outlast traditional signage, leading to lower replacement costs.
- Enhanced brand image: The use of high-end materials and careful attention to design details can give potential customers the impression of quality and dependability, which is advantageous to the brand’s image.
Along with these advantages, consider the various examples of how 3D signage boards can be used to attract customers and raise brand awareness in various industries:
- Hospitality: 3D signage boards can be used at the entrance of hotels to create an inviting and warm atmosphere.
- Healthcare: these 3D signage boards can be an informative sign for patients with details regarding their services and information.
- Entertainment: a theme park may use 3D signage to display ride information or park maps inducing a sense of excitement and anticipation for guests.
- Education: In a science museum, 3D signage can be used to display exhibits and provide interactive learning opportunities.
- Automotive: a car dealership can use 3D signage to display cars and provide information about their features promoting their vehicle.
- Retail: a store may use 3D signage to display the name of the brands of each clothing line or a grocery store might use 3D signage to promote a sale on a particular item.
- Corporate: 3D signage in office building lobbies can leave a lasting impression on visitors and clients by displaying the company logo or mission statement.
- Event Planning: 3D signs can be used in events to guide people, display schedules and promote sponsoring brands, and exhibit business logos.
What Are 3D Signage Boards Called?
There are several names commonly used to refer to 3D signage boards, they are: Dimensional Signs, Embossed Signs, Raised Letters Signs, Channel Letters Signs and Dimensional Letters Signs.
Different Types 3D Signage Boards
There are several types of 3D signage boards on the market. Each type of signage has distinct features and characteristics, allowing customers to pick the type that best meets their requirements. Power Sign provides the following types:
- 3D Stainless steel: These are available in two different qualities of steel and they can be designed with a range of fonts, sizes, and graphics.
- Challenium material: It is a durable option for 3D signage that is resistant to weather and scratches.
- 3D Aluminum powder coated signage: They are weather-resistant and can be produced in a variety of colors and designs, it is also available in two different steel qualities.
- Acrylic Signage Boards: 3D acrylic signage is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and can be illuminated with LED backlighting or edge lighting.
- Brass Signage boards: These three dimensional signage boards are produced using an intricate process of fabrication and laser-cutting.
- Wooden letter signage: Wood works are never out of fashion. These letter signage remains unique and attractive with the option of customization with different finishes and mounting options.
- 3D neon letter signage: The ideal signage for indoor and outdoor use that can be customized to meet specific requirements.
- 3D rooftop signs: push-through letters 3D rooftop signs are a popular choice for businesses looking to make a strong impression from a distance on top of the building.
What is the Difference Between a Sign Board and Signage Board?
In general, signs serve the purpose of providing direction and warning of potential danger.
They are designed to be simple and use symbols or brief messages to convey their meaning quickly.
Signs can take many forms and sizes, from large banners and murals to small street signs and lawn signs, and can also use electronic displays.
In contrast, signage is typically more detailed and complex, with the aim of capturing attention and communicating a more intricate message.
Signage is the use of signs and symbols for marketing or advocacy purposes, and the term has been widely used since the late 1970s.
A signage also means signs collectively or being considered as a group.
How long will 3D Signage boards last?
A properly maintained 3D signage board will usually last for five to ten years or even longer when made of strong materials like metal or acrylic.
The lifespan of the sign can be significantly shortened if it is exposed to bad weather or is not properly maintained.
The weather, materials used and the location of the 3D signage boards are detrimental to the duration of how long it will last.
10 Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Signage Company in Dubai
When choosing a signage company in Dubai to create your 3D signage board, there are several factors to consider to ensure that you get a high-quality, effective sign. Here are some key factors:
Find a reputable sign company that specializes in 3D sign boards by doing your research. Find businesses that have a successful history of completed projects and a strong online presence.
Inquire about previous work samples, particularly 3D signage boards. This will give you a sense of their design style and work quality.
Look into online reviews from previous customers to learn about their experiences. Look for signs of professionalism, timekeeping, and high quality work.
Seek references from previous clients and follow up with them to gain a better understanding of the company’s performance, work quality, and customer service.
Choose a sign company that has an excellent track record and experience making 3D sign boards. This guarantees that they possess the abilities and knowledge necessary to produce high-quality, efficient signage.
The company should be knowledgeable in design, to end-result, with guidance on the best materials, colors, and lighting.
#7. Durable Materials
Make sure that the materials used for 3d sign boards are durable and suitable for outdoor use and will withstand the elements. This will ensure that your 3D signage board lasts for years and maintains its quality over time.
While cost shouldn’t be the only factor you consider, it’s important
to about – what is the cost of a 3d signage board and if it is within your budget.
The company must have a strong reputation for quality work and customer service thereby giving you the peace of mind knowing that you’re working with a reliable and trustworthy company.
You should definitely consult with the 3D signage company about the expected lifespan of the board being used and to take appropriate measures to ensure its longevity.
To sum up, 3D signage boards are taking over in the branding and advertising industry due to their visual appeal, versatility and durability.
Due to the raised 3D lettering, a 3D sign is easier to see from a variety of angles as well as from a distance, making the distinct difference between 2D and 3D signs.
They are an excellent choice for both individuals and businesses. The eye-catching nature of 3D signage is sure to capture everyone’s attention, including yours.
If you are seeking a reputable 3D signage company in Dubai, get in touch with Power Sign today.